WHY USE NILKAMAL PALLET STORAGE SYSTEM
- All India Presence with more than 2000 Installations in a single calendar year.
- Following the design standards that meet the international requirements.
- Solutions that can make a big difference, Nilkamal is the only company with the highest number of solutions in Warehousing products, including Racking systems, Equipment, Pallets, and Totes. We can suggest to you the best solution that suits your requirements.
- R&D constant evolution process, Nilkamal having inhouse testing facilities, structural engineers, develops all products first time perfect over the years, be it ASRS with heights varying 30 metre, Shuttle racks with 12+ metre heights or cold stores special solutions.
- The installation makes the solutions more reliable as products are installed professionally and as per standards that local markets barely know. Our oldest installations are yet to work well without much maintenance.
- Value of the finish of products and accuracy of the manufactured products make sure that designed products give 100% output.
DESIGN OF COMPONENTS
The racking components are designed as per Indian / European Standards as described below
IS 800 – General construction in steel
IS 801 – Code of practice for the use of cold-formed light gauge steel structural members in building construction
The above codes are used for general steel building design, and thus the same does not cover the critical design parameters of rack designing. The limitations of the above IS code (for steel building design) essentially require the rack to be designed as per European standards specific to the Rack design. The details of the same are given below.
EUROPEAN STANDARDS FOR DESIGN
FEM: 10.2.01: Terminology and description of storage systems.
FEM: 10.2.02: EN 15512 Design code for Racking
EN 15635: 2007- Steel static storage system; Adjustable pallet racking guidelines for safe use.
EN 15878 -Steel Static Storage System – Adjustable pallet racking – Terms and definition
The components are manufactured from superior quality cold rolled/ hot rolled sheets of steel confirming EN 10025/ EN 10327 with a minimum yield stress of 250 N/mm2 and or 420 yds. The corresponding IS code for steel used is IS 10748, IS 513, etc. All fasteners like nuts and bolts are as per IS 1363.
The proposed pallet storage system, as shown in the attached drawing, consists of Upright, horizontal & diagonal struts, beams, and various components for imparting structural stability to the entire system. The uprights frames are fastened to the floor using a base plate and anchor fasteners. The unique features of each component are described below.
The upright is a 10/12 bend roll formed section manufactured on a precision roll forming line to ensure a uniform profile without any twist. The uprights are powder coated on an automated line.
The uprights have slots at 50mm pitch. Accurate Punching ensures load transfer to land and increases the life span of the overall products.
Base Plate The base plate is powder coated with provisions for fixing expansion bolts and dimples for locating shims. The lips are provided for locating the upright, which also prevents rotation.
Hook Connector Five hooks for proper fitting Thickness 4 mm. High-Quality powder coating with a medium coating thickness of 50µm.
Beam with hook connector The beams are Box type construction made with roll forming. The beams are manufactured from a single sheet having twin top profiles using the latest technology. The twin top design offers maximum resistance to torsional failure. The twin top design also does not require continuous welding throughout the length of the beams, and only the hook connectors have to be welded to the beams.
Diagonal and Horizontal Struts The struts are made of C-Section with four bends. The struts are galvanized type. These provide stability to the uprights.
Hardware All fasteners supplied will be electro-galvanized conditions confirming to IS codes.
STANDARD DESIGN & PROCEDURE
- Individual-level load varied from 600Kg / level to 4500 Kg / Level can be designed;
- Total rack loads varied from 3000 Kg to up to 29000Kg loads;
- Height can go as long as 30 metres as well for AS/RS.
All Racking layouts are made on Auto CAD with proper suggestions on equipment and load-carrying capacities of Racks with the actual size of Pallets with Storage achieved through the racking system suggested.Our offers include detailed techno-commercial and are based on the drawings approved by our customer and follow the standards defined in the same. These can be explained in person through personal meetings related to operational effectiveness, storage achievement, and safety precautions taken care of while designing the system. System or Solutions offer for Palletized materials:
- Selective Pallet Racking with Articulated Forklifts, Very Narrow Aisle (VNA), standard Reach Trucks, Stackers
- Double Deep Pallet Racking systems with Articulated Forklifts or Double deep Reach Trucks
- Drive-In / Drive-Through Pallet Racking system.
- Drive-In / Drive-Through Pallet Racking with Shuttle Operations
- Mobile Pallet Racking Systems
- AS/RS Racking
- 3-d Modelling
- P-delta Analysis
- Stress Calculation
- Members Verification As Per Fem: 10.2.02: En 15512
- FEM 10.2.08 – Recommendations for the design of static steel pallet racks under seismic conditions
- IS 1893:2002 – Criteria for earthquake resistant design of structures
STANDARD DESIGN & PROCEDURE
All components are to be subjected to anti-corrosion treatment by following the process of Degreasing, Rinsing, Phosphating, Rinse & De- Mineralized water rinsing.Final Finish
The final finish of the components is achieved on a fully automated conveyor-based powder coating line. The components are oven-baked after powder coating at curing temperature. It ensures adhesion of powder to product and gives long life to the product; the minimum dry film thickness of 50 to 80 microns is assured on the automated line.Standard Colour Colours offered are
- Upright: Pepsi Blue;
- Beam: Orange,
- Struts: Galvanized
- Accessories as defined in the offer
Testing facilities at plant
BROAD RANGE OF ACCESSORIES & SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR ANY STORAGE APPLICATION
- Column Guard L Shaped
- Column Guard U Shaped
- Upright Protector
- Aisle Raw Guards
- Back stoppers
- Back Cladding
- Upright connector
- Frame Extension
- Spacer for back to back rows
LEVEL ACCESSORIES FOR NON-STANDARD PALLETIZED OR HEAVY NON PALLETIZED MATERIALS
- MDF Boards
- Steel Drop over panels
- Wire Mesh decking
- Pallet Support Bars
- H frames
- Fork Entry bars for a specialized load like Two and four-leg inverted Pallets, etc
INSTALLATION THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE TO THE DESIGN AND RELIABILITY OF THE SYSTEM
- Nilkamal Owns Total Strength of 50+ Skilled Supervisor / Technician 200+ workmen’s
- Also, having Approved Contractors list having more than 15 to 20 years of experience in storage system industries.
- Also, scratches/ paint peel-off is given spray touch-up
- Given Plant Training as well as site training to all Technician and Contractors
- The safety of the worker is given the highest priority.
- Offer post-installation audit / regular check-ups for any damages to racks / alignment / anchor issues / flooring, etc.
And many more…..