Mobile Racking is a mobile system for the intensive storage of heavy loads. With racking mounted on mobile bases, the system uses a motorized mechanism to move the bases along rails which are either integrated or set into the floor. Access to the stored material is achieved by opening only the individual aisle in which the item for handling is located.
- Allows for only one open aisle at any time. The space saved can be used to increase pallet positions in the same warehouse.
- Mobile racking is usually cost-effective only in certain low throughput cold store applications where the cost of running refrigeration + cost of acquiring land is high. In most cases, it is a lot more cost-effective & flexible to go with narrow aisle articulated trucks, reach trucks, or stackers in narrow aisle selective pallet racks where 100% selectivity is required. In cases where 100% selectivity is not required & the number of SKU’s low, we can also consider a shuttle rack to improve storage density.
- Storage capacity doubled – you get twice the storage capacity compared to traditional racking.
- Versatility – the Mobile Racking bases can be combined with any type of racking, even re-utilizing existing racking.
- A high level of selectivity – the ability to access every part of the racking system means that material can be stored according to any type of inventory system, FIFO, LIFO, etc., and accessed by multiple warehouse operators at the same time.
- Extendable over time – the modular design of Mobile Racking Cargo makes it simple and easy to enlarge an existing mobile racking system by the addition of further mobile bases.
- Energy savings – Mobile Racking Cargo reduces energy costs per stored unit, especially in refrigerated environments.
- Computerized warehouse management – the optional management software, integration with remote control devices and barcode terminals, or the company ERP improve warehouse stock management and reduce errors.
- Cost-effectiveness – excellent capacity-to-cost ratio and maintenance costs for the mobile system.
Special Application for Cold Rooms the Mobile Racking is ideally suited for use in negative temperature environments (up to -40° C). The creation and management of mobile systems for cold rooms often involve very high costs, both in terms of construction and the running costs required to maintain a constant temperature.
Special Application for Explosive Enviornments
Mobile Racking can be provided with a special non-explosive version which can be used for the intensive storage of flammable material such as inks, paints, or solvents. The mobile system for potentially explosive environments has been designed to maintain all of the features and typical advantages of using mobile bases. In addition, however, it complies with all of the precautions regarding electrical parts (switchboards, wiring, sensors, sirens, keypads, and motor) to prevent any possible problems that could cause a fire or an explosion.
ELEMENTS OF THE SYSTEM
The Mobile Racking system consists of 4 main elements: the rails, the mobile bases, the racking, and the electrical system. The mobile bases, rails, and electrics are at the technological core of this system and can be supplied separately from the racking or even adapted to any existing racking. Wheel Diameter Ø196 mm Wheel width 57 mm Speed of Chassis: 0.06-0.12 mm/sec
- The main control panel with the push-button panel is located on the front of the mobile system.
- Opto electronic limit switch, positioned on each mobile base to restrict movement.
- Photoelectric protective sensors along both of the long sides of the frame of each mobile base immediately halt the system in case of obstacles detected in the access aisle.
- Any additional control keypads on the rear of the mobile system.
- Auxiliary control equipment for the base to which it is attached.
- A digital inverter that manages and checks movement. It ensures the racking starts and stops gradually to avoid any sudden, dangerous jerks caused by heavy loads.
- A keypad to control movement is located on the front of each racking unit.
- An emergency push button is positioned on the front of the mobile racking and capable of immediately halting movement in case of emergency.
- Flashing warning light to signal movement located in a very visible position on the front of each mobile racking unit
Every mobile system comes supplied with one static, single-faced racking unit and additional double-faced mobile racking units. It is also possible to re-use existing racking and convert static racking into mobile systems.
The drive and control system for the mobile storage system is composed of the Main Electrical Switchboard to provide power to the system. Radio-controlled switchboards, where necessary, if handling has to be carried out from the rear of the mobile storage system; A main on-off switch for cold rooms (exclusively for use in cold room environments);
- Photocell Barriers along the entry side of each aisle detect & count operators entering the aisles.
- Sensors stop all movement of the motorise rack when an operator is inside the system.
- The rack will only move after the person has exited the aisle & pressed the confirmation button located on the outside upright in the corridor.
- The photocell barrier counts the number of people exiting, tally this with the entry count, and only power the motor after confirming everyone has exited the system.
- Acoustic and visual signals are used to highlight movement.
- Sensors mounted at the two ends of the longest side of the mobile base detect any objects that have fallen off the pallets. The mobile base stops to prevent damage to the fallen object &/or the mechanism. Special inverters ensure the stop is smooth & not sudden to prevent jerks & further objects from falling.
- Similarly, if the operator enters with a forklift, the confirmation button is on the remote control.
There are no reviews yet.