Nilkamal Storage System Case Study
- The Nilkamal sales team received an inquiry for Double Depp Racking for storage of finished goods with a Pantograph MHE. The client was one of the leading seafood processing industries. They are also one of the leading exporters of premium seafood like prawns and shrimps.
- They have multiple factories in and around Vizag. They already had installed DDPSS and Pantograph systems. Nilkamal has been associated with them for their IP requirements for more than two decades.
- However, they had floated an RFQ for racks and suitable MHE for their new plant at Nellore, South AP. They used us to prepare a basic design and specification. After a lot of persuasion, we got a hearing from their MD, and we wanted to utilize the opportunity to break all barriers. The RFQ had 1640 PP as the expectation. The Aisle space was approx.. 3200~3400 mm.
- During the discussion, we came to know that their maintenance expenses were very high for the MHE. The MD assured us that if we could suggest a cost-effective system, the order would be ours. We worked on the layout by changing the orientation of the wooden pallet. Due to that, we would achieve 304 more pallet positions, with 2200 mm Aisle space. The additional areas saved were used for storage. We changed the fork entry of the pallet to 1200 mm instead of 900 mm. At a 450mm load center, the MHE will perform more efficiently. The additional space saved out of this pallet orientation and reduced Aisle space for our Aisle-Master contributed to another 25% more storage space ( 180 tons more of FG). We also gave a reference to other installations in Vizag, made the MD, talk to our other customers directly to gather their feedback. Finally, they gave us the project for DDPSS with 1944 PP and one no. AM with a telescopic fork.
- With absolute teamwork by Nilkamal, quick response by the pre-sales team, and commercial freedom From HO, we cracked this deal and received the order for 2 Nos AM Trucks along with four cold rooms DDPSS.