- The customer was convinced that in Indian Conditions, NSS, ADDVERB & COMBILIFT was the best solution package. So, in the next step, ADDVERB shuttles and WMS from ADVERB were introduced. We also proposed after sales service back up for all three. To win their confidence further, NSS offered to import & stock one AUTOMHA shuttle (Cold storage application) so that in the event of any issue with Addverb shuttle, customer will have an option to procure this from NSS. NSS will hold this shuttle for about 6 months after commissioning of the system.
- This gesture from our team gave confidence to the customer.
- We are currently undergoing the installation of shuttle racking system process. The Aisle Masters are expected to be despatched from Ireland in this month. ADDVERB Shuttles are also expected to arrive at the end of September.
Introduced Shuttle Racking System The Nilkamal Success Story
- Nilkamal recommended Shuttle racking system (5800 pallet locations) to one of India’s leading frozen seafood exporter situated at Porbander, Gujarat. It included 2 Shuttles and 2 Aisle masters with heated cabins & Quad mast & WMS.
- The client keeps an extensive range of frozen seafood in their storage, right from Crustaceans, Cephalopods and all kinds of Fish varieties. With 5 factories and a production capacity of 450MT/day, the company adapted to changing trends by incorporating modern technology with state of the art facilities and skilled personnel.
- However, with increased production capacity the demand for storage space also increased. The client’s current set up posed issues with streamlining the processes. They wanted effective utilisation of their cold storages while ensuring operators’ safety. Sub-zero temperature of the freezer room wasn’t conducive for operators to work there. Their hands would go numb. Due to this, the client was not able to efficiently utilise the storage area and decided to invest in technology.
NILKAMAL STORAGE SYSTEM CASE STUDY
We at Nilkamal understood their need for world class storage & retrieval system. We had supplied Drive-in racking system at their one of their units in Taloja back in 2012-13. They wanted similar modern installations that are in trend the world over. The customer initially wanted ASRS but after analysing the cost & ROI, they came down to the next level of automation. Team NSS and the client contacted a cold store consultant. After a series of discussions, the customer was convinced about the solution we provided. We suggested Shuttle racking system with shuttles, Aisle masters & WMS which got a nod from their consultant and a foreign supplier too.