The Nilkamal Success Story
- A joint venture between a leading Indian manufacturer of insulated wires and cables and an American switch maker for heavy trucks and construction equipment is one of the regular clients of Nilkamal; for our IP products ranging from crates, bins, and other plastic items.
- We got the opportunity to visit their plant in 2018 and found that the bins/crates were kept in an unorganized manner. Just then, we decided to install a racking system so that both access and maximum utilization of space were possible. From their operation’s point of view, FIFO/CLS racks made perfect sense. The client was planning to come up with ten more plants across India and needed the same product storage with identical SKUs for their clients.
- Their management was looking for manual operations with maximum space utilization to improve the overall efficiency of the warehouse. We suggested the Cartoon live system. These roller-type racks were considered based on their usage across all platforms of DTPL.
- FIFO Concept was new to them. So we met their top management and gave their top management team a presentation that comprised of company VP, COO, and CFO. Based on our value-added service and their inputs, we concluded with a very healthy & positive meeting.
- Our team worked on 2-3 possible solutions and presented the drawings, and finally got approval for the live cartoon system, which met all their requirement and at all parameters. They gave us one trial order for a few racks, and the work was initiated. Throughout the process, we kept the interaction going on with the client on the technical issues, discussions on the pros/cons of the sizes, etc.
- The 1st CLS Rack was successfully installed at their main plant. It was very well appreciated by their management and visitors/clients too.
- We are fortunate to have served the client continuously for the last two years by supplying CLS Racks for their every plant, PAN INDIA.